Best Mattress For Sciatica
Since humans spend a third of our lives in bed, selecting a mattress for the most restful sleep is essential for mental and physical health. For people living with sciatica, obtaining the right sleep surface becomes an even more serious priority, adding the immediate priority of pain management. Pain discourages individuals from being physically active. As a result, maintaining stamina, muscle strength, and healthy weight becomes increasingly difficult. So, managing symptoms of sciatica is essential to the ability to stay active, and to enjoying good health year after year.
What people with sciatica need in a mattress
Sciatica pain emanates from the back and moves down along the back of the leg. To help determine the appropriate mattress to help you manage your sciatica pain, it is recommended that you use guidelines for sleep position for patients with the particular cause of sciatic pain that pertains to your personal condition, to help you make an informed choice of mattress. For example:
- If you have a herniated disc, it may be suggested that you might feel better by sleeping on your side with your knees curled upward, to reduce pressure on the nerve.
- Sleeping on the stomach is preferred for patients with sciatica due to spinal stenosis.
- If your sciatica is due to one of a number of causes other than one of the two above most common ones, then different sleep positions may be recommended.
- It best accommodates the user's personal preference for sleeping on the back, side or stomach or changing positions.
- It feels most comfortable and renders the most rested and healthful feeling after sleep.
Doctors' comments regarding Memory Foam mattresses
Kathy R. Gromer, MD, Minnesota Sleep Institute, in Minneapolis, has asserted that by "relieving painful pressure points" a mattress can improve patient's sleep, which is the key feature of Memory Foam. Donna Arand, Ph.D., Clinical Director, Kettering Sleep Disorders Center, in Dayton, Ohio, explains, "When you lie on the Memory Foam, the heat from your body softens it in appropriate points, so this helps to support your body along the curves and natural lines of the body". The National Sleep Foundation finds that a more "giving" mattresses, like Memory Foam, may allow improved sleep for people who have back pain.
Why Memory Foam mattresses are optimal for people with sciatica
Unlike mattresses with latex or innersprings, those with Memory Foam respond to the body differently. Memory Foam has a visco-elastic property, a special resistive elastic behavior, making a higher quality Memory Foam mattress hyper-responsive to the body's shape and level of pressure. The mattress gently molds beneath and along the sides of the body, compatibly with the degrees of your weight and temperature. It is this support and gentle hugging around the body that makes the BedPillows.com Bed so successful in helping sciatica patients sleep comfortably through the night.
- The BedPillows.com Bed mattress contours to the body for optimal comfort.
- By gently molding to the body, it evenly distributes the body's weight, which lets the body lie in a naturally straight line. This is the ideal position for comfort of the neck, back, and hips.
- Its elastically allows the BedPillows.com mattress to resume its initial shape, after pressure from your body is removed. This way the mattress sustains the integrity of its original shape over time.
- Without coiled springs in the mattress, sleep is much less likely to be disrupted by feeling your partners movements during the night.
How BedPillows.com has advanced Memory Foam mattresses
Memory Foam technology is designed to respond to pressure and heat from your body, gently molding to fit your shape. BedPillows.com technology is a major advancement in Memory Foam. Mattresses manufactured using this scientific innovation are unparalleled in the industry for comfort and durability. And, this upgraded type of Memory Foam mattress ideally meets the needs of many sciatica sufferers. The science of the BedPillows.com mattress is different from conventional Memory Foam mattresses.
- The BedPillows.com design balances priorities of optimum ergonomic contouring, airflow, and luxury comfort, and durability.
- A BedPillows.com Bed is manufactured using 100% eco-friendly, U.S. American made materials.
- The innovation of Preserve VG Visco Elastic Gel foam in the BedPillows.com Bed is an unparalleled advancement for cooling. The cooling material ergonomically contours to ideally fit the body.
- Each mattress is constructed in conformance to the highest U.S. standards for mattress manufacturing.
- The innovations brought to the BedPillows.com bed design are to eliminate the shortcomings of traditional Memory Foam mattresses.
- Each BedPillows.com bed is meticulously tested to ensure the strictest quality standards are maintained.
The BedPillows.com Bed concept should not be mistaken for lower quality Memory Foam mattresses. BedPillows.com is unsurpassed for quality construction of the highest quality and most luxurious materials.
For additional information
For more information about mattresses designed for optimum support and comfort for sciatica sufferers, contact one of our experts. We will introduce you to the array of options available in mattresses to relieve sciatica pain. Ask for more details about the BedPillows.com Bed's advanced comfort features and construction quality.