10 Random Sleep Facts You Never Needed to Know
Are you a trove of random, useless information? Well, then let us add to your mystique, and present you with 10 facts about sleep that are random, and pretty useless, but sure to impress your friends.
1. Scientists don't know if, like humans, animals also experience dreams during REM Sleep.
2. You sleep less, and don't sleep as deeply, on nights with a full moon.
3. You burn more calories watching TV than you do when you're sleeping. (Maybe your Netflix addiction isn't so bad after all).
4. Giraffes sleep less than two hours a day on average, while Koalas sleep 22 hours a day.
5. Some animals, like ducks and dolphins can sleep with half their brains fully alert.
6. You can survive longer without food than you can without sleep.
7. Within just five minutes of waking up, you've already forgotten half of your dream. So if you keep a dream journal, write as soon as you wake up.
8. Having difficulty getting out of bed in the morning is actually a real condition called dysania. Good luck getting a doctor's note.
9. English bulldogs are the only canines known to suffer from sleep apnea.
10. It is physically impossible to sneeze while sleeping.
Any other quickly, out-of-left-field facts related to sleep you can share with us? Let us know!